The Ellsworth Public Library was founded in 1936. It was established and maintained according to the ordinance. The first library was housed in a building on the east side of DeWitt Street. In 1965, a new building was built on the west side of the street. In 1986, an addition was built to the back of the library to contain Ellsworth’s history, memorabilia, and artifacts.
To learn more about Ellsworth as a whole visit History of Ellsworth.